Sunday, March 10, 2013

Emily Dickinson Fest!


Macro Photography by RLHall ArtfulExpress
Can you see the Gestalt girl dancing within the flower?
 
I hide myself within my flower,
That wearing on your breast,
You, unsuspecting, wear me too -
And angels know the rest.
I hide myself within my flower,
That, fading from your vase,
You, unsuspecting, feel for me
Almost a loneliness.
~ Emily Dickinson

 
Photography by RLHall ArtfulExpress


Have you got a brook in your little heart,
Where bashful flowers blow,
And blushing birds go down to drink,
And shadows tremble so?
 
And nobody knows, so still it flows,
That any brook is there;
And yet your little draught of life
Is daily drunken there.
 
Then look out for the little brook in March,
When the rivers overflow,
And the snows come hurrying from the hills,
And the bridges often go.
 
And later, in August it may be,
When the meadows parching lie,
Beware, lest this little brook of life
Some burning noon go dry!
 
~Emily Dickinson



Photography by RLHall ArtfulExpress
 
 
If you were coming in the fall,
I’d brush the summer by
With half a smile and half a spurn,
as housewives do a fly.
 
If I could see you in a year,
I’d wind the months in balls,
And put them each in seperate drawers,
Until their time befalls.
 
If only centuries delayed,
I’d count them on my hand,
subtracting till my fingers dropped
Into Van Diemen’s land.
 
If certain, when this life was out,
That yours and mine should be,
I’d toss it yonder like a rind,
And taste eternity.
 
But now, all ignorant of the length
Of time’s uncertain wing,
It goads me, like the goblin bee,
That will not state it’s sting.
 
~ Emily Dickinson



Photography by RLHall ArtfulExpress
 
 

I send Two Sunsets -
Day and I – in compitition ran -
I finished two – and several stars -
While He – was making one -
 
His own was ampler – but as I
Was saying to a friend -
Mine – is the more convenient
To Carry in the hand -
 
~ Emily Dickinson
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment